Feb 13, 2011

To Crossing things of Your List

Dear World,

    We all have a million to-do lists (well some of us may not write them down, but I am a HUGE list person).  There are lists for household chores, homework and assignments, gifts to buy, groceries to get, you name it!  My favorite list is that of all of the restaurants I have yet to try.  I LOVE trying new restaurants/types of food with friends.  All week I really wanted to go hiking so I decided I had better just make it happen.  I asked my roommate if she would like to go hiking then treat ourselves to Lo Lo's Chicken and Waffles (Scottsdale Rd and Thomas).  Let me just say that it was the perfect way to spend a Saturday.

So where did we go hiking?  Camelback: Echo Trail baby!  We had agreed to hike up Cholla trail which I was fine with but I really wanted to dominate Echo! I have been up Cholla many times, but for some reason I've never had the opportunity to go all the way up Echo and felt that it has been long overdue.  A boy in my com class also mentioned that Cholla was for old people, gotta prove my youth! Fortunately, a randomly chosen street for parking and a few of our hiking companions flaking out on us provided my roommie and I with the perfect opportunity to take on the steeper trail! Here are a few pictures of our journey:

Callie kicking the mountain's ass (oh and a very nicely muscled man ;) bonus!) Fortunately for the two of us ladies there was plenty of eye candy along our climb.  We didn't mind the additional scenery.  Honestly it seemed like it was a requirement to do a bajillion sit-ups to frequent this mountain.





      Just a nifty shadow pick.  I look bald and seem to have a super tiny head.  Fortunately other pictures prove that neither is true.  (I would not be able to rock the GI Jane hairdo...).




Callie and I at the top of the mountain.  No Big Deal.  
(The guy taking the picture asked us if we were students at Arizona State. I wonder what gave him that impression?)


So then we went back down the mountain.  I did not photograph because the descent usually scares me.  Can't I just take a water-slide down?  This loose gravel on top of rocks business makes me slide all over the place and cursing may ensue.  Did I mention that there was a couple who each had a baby strapped on to them?  That's right, I'm worried about tumbling down this mountain and these people are making their way down AND carrying precious cargo.  Brave? Stupid? Experienced? I am not sure.  What I do know is that for now I am MORE THAN CONTENT not to have any such special packages.  I sort of stopped worrying about falling and started dreaming of the chicken and waffles in my VERY NEAR future.. 

Oh sweet relief!! A tall cool glass of delicious brewed tea. I'm happy already.  Lo Lo's did not disappoint !! I wasn't sure what to order because everything on the menu looked fatty and delicious.  Biscuits and Gravy, Chili and Cornbread, "Stupid Fries", Wings, and so much "Mo'". Man-oh-man were Callie and I drooling....  I definitely need to go back and explore more of the menu.  I decided that for a first time experience I had better go just try the chicken and waffle combo (never done it, don't regret it).  Pictured below is the Lil Amadi with one thigh, one leg, one waffle, and one slab o' butter.  Don't doubt the powerful combination that is salty, amazing fried chicken and a simple waffle.  I don't know why it has taken me twenty years to give this a shot but it was the best reward for our morning climb.  I look forward to trying the biscuits and gravy (basically used to be my ultimate favorite food) and the red velvet cake.  Oh life is wonderful!!

-oh-so-satisfied,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment