Feb 1, 2011

Sunday with Sara

Trying to remain Culturally Conscious (feel free to assist!)

Dear World,

My friend Sara and I went to see a musical this past Sunday.  We actually met in theatre in high school.  Our good friend, Brian (who is sooo freaking talented it is ridiculous!!), randomly walked by my car the other day and he told me that he had a show coming up.  I missed his last show (booooo!!! I really wanted to see Spelling Bee) which was a mistake I did not want to repeat!  This Sunday's production at the Evelyn Smith Music Theatre (which I had not been in before, I'm a terrible ASU student!), was The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.  I hadn't seen the show before and it was so much fun!!! My favorite number was probably the locker room scene.  All of the guys pretty much stripped to jockstraps and danced around; it was hilarious!  There was an extremely exuberant guy that was so entertaining! I kept thinking about the vast difference between our high school's productions and this show (mainly the amount of nudity and cussing, which would never fly at DM). The talent pool is obviously larger at ASU (not shocking) as I was impressed by every voice! The lead character, Mona Stangley, was casted PERFECTLY.  This girl was amazing, AMAZING!!!! Her voice, perfect. Her movements, perfect.  Her acting, perfect.  This girl became Mona; Sara and I couldn't stop talking about her performance.  She blew me away.  I wonder what it feels like to be that freaking talented.....   I am so glad that I saw the show and I can't wait to see Brian's next performance! It's always amazing to see how many people truly are talented out there.  CRAZY!!!
Overall, the show was just so much fun! I wanted to give props to all the guys and gals dancing around confidently in very little.  Takes a lot of courage!!!

-Just a little floored
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment