Feb 13, 2011

Putting an end to a ho hum week

Hey World,

So, I wasn't feeling to hot this week.  Nothing major happened I just wasn't sleeping well at all and was feeling pretty blue.  I recognized that I was being pretty pathetic; so with my first Stats test behind me I decided to ditch my night of homework for a night of relaxation.  It was oh so worth it!!!



Oh Carbs, beautiful carbs! This baked potato w/jalapeno bits and melted cheese definitely made for the perfect movie dinner.  College Cuisine may be simple, but that doesn't mean that it has to be bland! 


 What movie did that beautiful potato accompany?  The Royal Tenenbaums (which is one of my Dad's favorites).  I hadn't seen the movie before and it finally came up on my Netflix queue.  I honestly love Netflix and believe it is worth every single penny!  Who cares about that though, back to the movie.  If you enjoy dysfunctional families and great music then this is probably for you.  The characters are all extremely... quirky.  The acting was very well done and did I mention the music?  From Mark Mothersbaugh's original score to wonderful rock features such as Paul Simon's "Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard", Van Morrison's "Everyone", John Lennon's "Look at Me", The Rolling Stones' "She Smiled Sweetly" and "Ruby Tuesday", Bob Dylan's "Wigwam", and many others.  Let's just say that I was a little in love.

Where do the chocolate chip cookies come in to play?  what a silly question.  Chocolate chip cookies need no excuse! I wanted them so I made them and ate them!!! (Before you start thinking I am a greatly obese person I should mention that I went running first and restrained myself to two cookies that night. It was terribly difficult but I am trying to avoid sloth status here). 

So why do I advocate scrapping responsibility for a night of lazying around?  I finally slept people!! I don't know why I needed such a night but I did and sometimes it's just better to give in rather than fight such urges for the sake of productivity.  Now back to the textbook grind... 

No comments:

Post a Comment