Feb 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Dearest World,

Disclaimer: I am single so this is NOT a post about my one true love.  I am not about to go on and on about how wonderful he is and bore you to death (well at least that's not why it will bore you, I guess I can't promise not to bore you.... I'll try my best to avoid it!).

So Happy Valentine's Day or "single awareness day"
I decided that I wasn't going to spend the day feeling bad for myself because I don't have a boyfriend.  That's just silly! I have plenty of people to love and I'd say a few people that love me too :)
So just how do I plan on beating the "single blues"?
   Well I waaaaas going to make these delicious cinnamon rolls (not to mope but to indulge in things I love. It's different!).... but I am falling through on YET ANOTHER baking promise. I know, I know, I'm the worst.  I even bought the ingredients I didn't have yet last night (active dry yeast and whole milk) so the new plan is to make them next Sunday.  Mostly, I have really been wanting to eat (I mean bake, okay I mean eat) these since the first day I saw them. So, why am I bailing on my baking date today? It's Grandpa's birthday!! Last minute dinner plans with the whole family at Macayos :D I have a pretty awesome family so even better to surround myself with some of the people I love right?  I also love Mexican food.  Today is just shaping up naturally (or because I decided it was going to be awesome? Who knows....).

It helps that I woke up to my roommate putting flowers into a vase for my other roommates and me.
Beautiful Right???
Don't worry friends, I gave them a little something too...
Totally Cheesy (and adorable)! Isn't that what Valentine's Day is about though? I really couldn't resist when I saw these little guys.  I am no more single today than I was yesterday but today I've gotten to exchange gifts! That's pretty neat.
My Mom is also too good to me and got me this book
I read a lot of this love story on her (Pioneer Woman) blog.  I became an obnoxiously giddy schoolgirl much to my friend Nick's amusement.  I tend to read/watch/listen to depressing things (I just like them better usually) but sometimes it's good to give in and read something totally girlie, cheesy, filled with love (and food and men) and just be a giddy girl.  Sue me.

So no date, no cinnamon rolls, lots of love! Sounds good to me :D
Because It's Music Monday:
An awesome Valentine's Day playlist
(Well I'll be enjoying it today)
Maybe next year I'll have a post going on and on about that boy I love (I'll try to restrain myself). But for this year I am taking the time to remember all of my wonderful friends and family that put up with me for some reason. Man am I lucky!
-wishing you love today!
Andrea 

4 comments:

  1. Painting my nails with my new color as I read.
    Thanks! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know two old people in Missouri, who love you dearly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love two YOUNG people in Missouri! :D

    ReplyDelete