Feb 8, 2011

Just Another Day...

Hey There,


    So remember when I said I was going to make the BBQ Chicken Pizza?? Me too.  Well, sadly that didn't work out :( My lovely guest chef and I didn't have matching schedules on Sunday.  Quite sad!! Want to see what I had instead???





Holy Cow! Is that cooked carrots? You betcha! Don't worry I know this is the lamest dinner ever.  I just remembered that I had a giant bag of baby carrots and that I haven't used this handy dandy steamer basket yet.  I did throw some butter and brown sugar in the mix but honestly won't be craving this ever.  I did get a lot of amusement out of using the basket but I feel like that may be a one time thing....  I'll definitely use it w/other vegetable dishes and what not but I'm really hoping that the pizza just works out next time.  It looks infinitely more satisfying....sigh.......

Before you run away thinking I consider cooked carrots a worthy dish (it really was about using the basket people), I promise that College Cuisine isn't always this boring!! The next night I had delicious pasta (yummmm).  I've had this artichoke pesto in my fridge and it was just begging to be used! Add in some chicken (marinated in....guess, guess, okay: artichoke pesto!), garlic (which I really need to cook longer next time a little crunchy bleh), and tomatoes.  I was very satisfied.  I will not be using the baby shells again.  I wanted to use pasta other than bowtie (my go to) and it was so uncooperative!  Honestly it was as if my fork repelled the pasta.  Slippery bastards!  Anywho I had it for lunch today and it was still tasty :)  I can't wait to experiment more! I should probably start using recipes.....


dreaming of BBQ chicken pizza....still
-Andrea

1 comment: