Jan 26, 2011

Fish Taco

Dear World,
    One day long ago (or last week), I decided that I really wanted a delicious creamy sauce to top off my chicken sandwich.  I love sauces I really will never understand how people enjoy eating food as plain as humanly possible.  You are missing out people!!!! Back to my no sauce dilemma.  I had Frank's Sauce which is freaking delicious, but I also wanted something creamy... hmmm what to do what to do? Then my plain greek yogurt jumped out at me and I had an epiphany.  Yes, mixing a little Franks into a little greek yogurt made a DELICIOUS sandwich topping.  I highly recommend it! Unless, you know, you are one of those "I prefer plain people" borrring! You may be asking yourself what this can possible have to do with fish tacos.  Good question world.  Well, as you may have noticed, my fish taco has a partner in crime sitting right next to it.  You guessed it, I decided to give the greek yogurt a second go.  This morning I woke up and marinated my fish in a little lime juice with cilantro and some lemon pepper salt, pretty tasty.  As I said, I like sauces, makes life interesting.  The second half of the lime juice went into a bit of yogurt as did some chopped cilantro.  I was not confident in this concoction (nor was I really eager to taste it after my bowl of oatmeal....).  Into the fridge went my fish and its sauce companion and off I went to school crossing my fingers that I would end up with an edible meal in the evening.  I'm sure you are all pleased to know that the sauce set up a bit more throughout the day and definitely added to my taco (which  just realized totally would've benefitted from a few beans :( next time readers, next time).  I was pretty pleased with this evening's meal and I am glad it was light because I was a lucky girl and went to FREE PIE NIGHT at village inn later on.  What a tough life eh?
                                                            -just a little saucy
                                                             Andrea

College Cuisine!! What's not to love?

3 comments:

  1. I heart sauces too!! ;) Good to find your blog and keep up with your life a little! Love ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few months ago, I created some yummy chicken salad after perusing the fridge for scraps. I used leftover slow cooker chicken, but rotisserie would be very yummy, even grilled. Shred it. Combine Vegannaise or an oil-blend mayo with a garlic vinegarette, like Annie's Naturals Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette, to create a yogurt-like texture. Quarter red grapes. Combine chicken, dressing and grapes, roll in a tortilla and enjoy!

    BTW, you write so much like your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's weird how similarities pass you by until they are pointed out by someone else. A good friend told me that Greg and I spoke similarly as well and it was just a strange thing to realize. Luckily I think he's pretty great so I'm good with the comparison.

    ReplyDelete